Monday, November 23, 2009

Guess what Brooke said tonight??!!?!?!?!

Shortly after we finished dinner tonight, Jeff headed to bed (he has to be up at 4:30am) while I cleaned the kitchen and made banana bread. Brooke was in her walker getting into anything she could find and then she started babbling ALOT!!! All of a sudden it sounded like she said DADA!! I wasn't 100% sure if she was saying GAGA or DADA. I popped my head into our bedroom to see if Jeff was awake. He babbled something (like father like daughter) and I told him what I thought she was saying. He came out of the bedroom to listen but he was so tired I don't think he knew what he was hearing!!! I took this video right after Jeff went back to bed. You can hear her talking as she runs around the kitchen!


I still wasn't 100% sure after I filmed this, but a few minutes after the camera stopped rolling she starting talking again. I am now 100% sure she said DADA!!!!! My little girl said her first word!!!!! I guess when she talks she says DADA and when she cries, she cries MAMA (although it's more a crying MAMA then a word MAMA so I don't count it as words)!!!

3 comments:

nurseclubx said...

wow, she does a great job in her walker! landon only walks backwards in his or he gets up behind it and pushes!!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Awww, that is so sweet, Candy! :) I love it. It does sound like "gaga", Maybe she's saying she's "gaga" over "dada" :) Too bad dada slept through the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! she is quite good at the walker!!! She really can MOVE!!! :) Sort of sounded like Dada??? :)I think?? Love that sweet face!! What a little beauty she is! Cant wait to see you all right after Christmas! Miss Ya! N